ERP We are trying to link our interests to these key learning intentions.

Describe the significance of people and events in bringing about change.

Identify the causes and effects of change on particular communities.

Identify how and why Australia became a nation.

Describe aspects of the past that remained the same.

Describe how you would like to link your interests to these Learning Intentions.

19 thoughts on “ERP We are trying to link our interests to these key learning intentions.

1. Hi bloggers ,

My interest is German Culture .

For describing the aspects of the past that remain the same I am going to learn about how the traditions have stayed the same for example the dances and language .

Describe the significance of people and events in bringing about change I will discover the impact on when the Germans migrated to Australia , the German Oktoberfest , music influence and restaurants.

From Maddie

2. Dear Everyone,

My interest is Cars

I will investigate how Henry Ford had an impact in Australian history. I will compare the prices and brands from the beginning to now. I will also look into the designs over time and find out how many factories in Australia there are.

Also, I will find out how the lives of Australian citizens since Ford came to Australia. I will find out how different communities felt when Fords came to Australia and to see what the ups and downs were about the cars.

From Daniel6

3. Dear Bloggers,

My interest is Painting.

I’m going to describe the aspects to the past that remain the same I’m describing how if dot paintings has changed Australian history. Also I’ll explain how the way people paint is the same.

My other intension is to identify how and why Australia became a nation, and I’ll describe how painting the Australian flag showed that we are Australia.

From Ethan

• Dear Ethan,

That is an interesting way to show how we are a nation. It seems you are showing that flag has a unique meaning about Australia. Your project is a very interesting one, I admire it.

Hiep

4. Dear 4AP,

My interest for this terms ERP is Stock Horses.

The key interest I’m doing is “Identify the causes and effects of change on particular communities.” I was wondering how the Stock horse helped farmers and stock men and I found out they helped by gathering cattle like sheep dogs do because they very strong and musclier and fast and easy to handle for sharp turns when gathering cattle. I also found out that now they are still used for that but also for pollo crosses and pony clubs.

5. Dear 4AP,
    My name is Jack and my interest is Martial arts ( conflict/ fighting ).

Identify how and why Australia became a nation:
    I’ve got two ideas for what I can do for this topic, one is to do a timeline about the defence forces, and how they shaped Australia’s nation. The second one is to explain the battle against the miners and the police. There was a big battle against them, but the police ended up winning. But it helped shape Australia because a few laws were changed in the making.

Describe the significance of people and events in bringing about change:
    What I’m focusing on for this topic is the ways that defending yourself has changed throughout the years. A long time ago if someone tried to hurt you or steal from you, you wouldn’t have anything to defend yourself with. But now days your aloud to get guns, and sometimes people have decoration that can be used as weapons like a sword or something.

Describe aspects of the past that remain the same:
    Lots of laws with fighting have remained the same, like on the streets if somebody punches you or kicks you, you have the right to hit back. The most basic fighting moves are still here like the kick and the punch.

Identify the causes and effects of change on particular communities:
    When a type or fighting comes into a country lots of people would want to learn it because they want them or their kids to be able to defend theirselves in case their attacked. The cause is someone fighting someone that they don’t like, the effect is them getting hurt by the person that they tried to beat up.

From Jack 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

6. Dear 4AP,

My interest is technology.

My learning intention for my interest is to describe the significance of people and events in bringing about change and I’m going to describe how the invention of television changed the Australian community, and I’m going to look at how it changed the way people lived and the way people use them in their homes.

7. Dear 4AP
    My Interest is cooking

What animals were hunted, killed and eaten then and now. What foods they grew food at the farms and they still do that now.

Find out how our country shared food then and now. We all have the same food because we shared it and now we have heaps of food and we have a taste of different types of food .
    From Mary .k.

8. Dear Bloggers,

My interest is food.

I’m going to identify some things from the past that changed in the future. Like machines that you would use in your daily life to make food. I want to know how these machines change food. Like when you put a slice of bread into a toaster, it changes into toast.

I also want to describe who made these machines, because they have made a significant change to food. I want to know what motivated them to making these machines. I also want to know if they intended to drastically change food.

Hiep

9. Dear Bloggers,

My interest is architecture.

I’m going to describe how architecture has changed through out the years and how buildings became bigger and better.

I’m going to look at the different cities in Australia and compare the different architectures. The main cities I will be looking at is Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne.

From Kim

10. Hi Bloggers,

My interest is Wildlife.

For describe the significance of people and events in bringing about change. I’m focusing on wildlife organisations and how they have supported the wildlife. I am also gonna look at how animals habitats have been destroyed and how they have been looked after by the organisations.

For describing the aspects of the past that remain the same I’m going to look at hunting and how they hunt animals and is it fair for the animal. Are they shot for fun or are they done for a purpose.

From Bianca

11. Dear 4AP

My interest is Acting

My key interest is to “Identify the causes and effects of change on particular communities”. My question was how did acting get more popular in Australia and I found out that it was the Gold Rush that caused more theatres to be built because the diggers demanded a show so they could relax after a hard working day.

From Tanaiya

12. Dear everyone
    My interest is designing.
    For describing the significance of people and events in bringing about change I want to know if everybody agrees to design buildings,roads and houses and if aboriginals didn’t mind to build houses on there land because maybe the aboriginals wanted there land to rest in peace and stay how it is.I also want to know who started to make a plan to start building.t

For identify the cause and effect of change on particulars communities I want to know what effect did it have to people’s lives because they might be glad but the aboriginals might be upset because they are using there land to build but .I also want to know when did they start building because maybe that started straight after the plan or maybe they waited for a while.

From Molly

13. Dear Bloggers,
    My interest is researching about animals.

Describe the significance of people and events in bringing about change- how do the Australian Zoo take care of animals? What other communities help animals?Does farmers help animals? Is there any particular person that has helped the animals a lot.

Identify the causes and effect of change on particular communities-how has animals as pets effected animals? I know that aboriginals didn’t have pets. When building and factories are made did it effect animals? Before the first settlement, there wasn’t any buildings at all.

From Sachini

14. Dear Everyone,
    My Interest is the first gold found during the gold rush.

I’m going to describe the significance of the man who first found gold in the Gold Rush and how that brought change to Australia. I’m going to find out who he was, when and where it was found and how much it was. I would also like to know if it was this that brought people to Australia or if it was later in the time line.

I’m going to describe aspects of the past that remain the same by seeing if the mine or area gold was found is still there. I also would like to know if the other mines are still there and if we can mine there. I would also like to know if the way we mine know is the same as during the Gold Rush.

I’m going to identify how the first finding of gold effected the community where it was found. I would like to find out if the area gold was first found treated better or with jealousy. I will also research if two communities claimed they found it first and if there was arguments.

I’m going to try and identify how and why Australia became a nation. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the gold rush. If so, was it because of all the people who came, the gold itself dope for some other reason.

From Holly1

15. Dear David,
    I think that explaining how the T.V changed Australia and it’s people. But don’t you think that your interest should be on a specific type of technology. Not just all the technology, because if your topic is just technology then you haven’t explained what type of technology you’ll be reaserching.
    From Jack

16. Dear Everyone,

My interest is bike riding.

I’m going to talk about what has remained the same in bike riding. I’m also going to talk about people that still wear helmets and stay safe when they on the road.

For the significance of people and events in bringing about change, I am going to research Lance Armstrong. How he took drugs to make him win the Tour Dé France. Also how people were disappointed and surprised his shameful actions.

From Shannon.

17. Dear readers
    My interest is books

I will be describing the significance of people and events in bringing about change and I will be researching how books change lives for us in Australia like the person who made a serious of books has change lives because every day kids and adults gets a book then the hole serious to learn from it.

My second one is describing aspects of the past that remain the same and i will describe how people can use books that can still be the same they can use it to teach on or another they can use build something and they can donate books to one or another.

From Joshua5