It’s MEDIA PROJECT time – YAY!!!

The agony of choice... Creative Commons License Photo Credit: Joeri van Veen via Compfight

Hi Level 4’s,

As you know we are about to embark on our Breakfast Cereal Media Project. I hope you have been thinking of new and unique breakfast cereal names. I will be giving you the project outline and informing you of your groups on Wednesday. Unfortunately, time is limited to complete this project which means you will need to be really organised, focussed and consistently on task. Prior to Wednesday, you may like to do some mini market research – asking parents, siblings and friends what they would like in a new breakfast cereal.

Please bring in any empty cereal boxes you may have at home.

I look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday and getting started on this exciting project!

Mrs. Claxton.

8 thoughts on “It’s MEDIA PROJECT time – YAY!!!

1. Dear Bloggers,
    My name is Jack and I’m looking forward to starting this interesting topic. The cerial that I would create would include chocolate, be kind of like fruit loops ( I like those cereals ). I’m still not sure how to advertise it or what the cereal would look like. The thing that I would change about it would be instead of cereal make it so you can advertise about anything. Like a type of soda, or toy or even a game.
    From Jack

2. Hi everyone
    The cereal I would chose is corn flakes because I really enjoy eating corn flakes at mornings, Corn flakes gives me 45% iron it really helps me.
    I don’t no how to start a advertisement with this cereal .

3. Dear Bloggers,

It would be very interesting to look at cereal advertisements. Although there are better products than just cereal. Also, some cereal advertisements may not be very good, or just seem plain and old. So I suggest a variety of things that we won’t complain about and like.

Hiep

4. What a great start to the project! It was wonderful seeing you all so engaged and your creative minds at work. You have definitely created some awesome new breakfast cereals. Many groups have already finished the front cover design for their cereal box. Next, it’s commercial time!! You need to think carefully about your target audience and the advertising techniques you wish to use. Write a detailed script before you begin recording and be sure to rehearse. Remember, the advertisement must be more than 30 seconds and less than 1 minute. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

5. Dear Readers,
    My name is Jack and for the media project my group has decided to name our cereal Cherry Bombs. Our catch fraise is, one taste and your mouth will explode with flavour. We’ve also started on our commercial, this is what it looks like so far.

Are you tired of your cereal not having enough flavour
    Are your taste buds going to sleep
    Is your breakfast tasting bland
    Then try JMS’ new CHERRY BOMBS!!!!!!!!
    One taste of this will make your mouth explode with FLAVOUR!!!!!!
    Take Melanie for example
    Her breakfast was bland and tasteless, but then she discovered cherry bombs
    They changed her life forever

Please comment about what we should add to it next.
    From Jack 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Hi Jack and Team,

It was wonderful to see you all getting along and working as a team. You made excellent use of class time to get well underway with this project. I love the name of your breakfast cereal and the catch phrase! So far the script for your commercial is looking good. I can see a number of advertising techniques like PUT DOWNS : when you put down other products to make yours look better, WIT & HUMOUR and TESTIMONIAL – using Melanie to vouch for the product. Keep up the great work!

6. Dear Rohaan,
    I understand that you like cornflakes, but are you sure that you want to choose it. There are so many options to choose from. So think about it. There are also many things you can do for cornflakes as a commercial. I can’t think of one right now so I’ll get back to you.
    From Jack

7. Dear Level 4,

Now that we know a lot about the project, it now seems very exciting. We have all sorts strategies to use to make our advertisements better. We even got to make our own cereal and brand, using a cereal box that is relevant to our cereal. This then gives us a wide variety of cereals we make using simple cereals.

Hiep