87 thoughts on “Sovereign Hill Camp

1. Dear Readers,
    I’m really looking forward to camp, and seeing all the old fashion buildings and ways of life. I’m also looking forward to seeing the blood on the Southern cross.
    From Jack

2. Dear Readers,
    My name is Jack and I’m looking forward to my first school camp. Im looking forward to getting lots of free time to explore around Sovereign hill and all of the stores that are there. I’m going to spend some money on a horse shoe from the blacksmith and a wanted poster from somewhere to. I also have to keep a little money to spend on my brother because I’m leaving for camp on his birthday, so I have to surprise him when I get back by giving him a present. I also want to see blood on the southern cross, I don’t know what it is but the title makes it sound awesome.
    From Jack

3. Dear Mrs Popowycz ,
    I am looking forward to camp because I want to enjoy camp with my friends and explore sovereign hill and I want to watch the light and sound show because it really inspire me a lot.

4. Dear Blogger’s,

I’m looking forward about camp to expirince new thing’s like how they used to mine and other stuff about sovereign hill that I didn’t know before.I recon it would be really intresting to have a go at somthing new at stuff iv’e havent done before like going down mine’s searching for gold and activitie’s.

By Nicholas.

5. Dear Bloggers,
    I am looking forward to to camp because you get to meet new people and you get to learn about Australian history I’m also looking forward to the gold panning because there is a way of panning. There are not many chances that you would find gold but it is possible. I think it would be great if somebody finds gold at Sovereign Hill. I want to buy the horse shoe and get my name on it. This camp is going to be awesome.

From Kevin

6. Dear Readers,
    My name is Jack I’m I hope that my first camp is awesome. I’m looking forward to going to the red hill mine tour. We’ll get to have a tour of the old red hill mine and see what the mine looks like. I hope camp will be awesome.
    From Jack

7. Hi Bloggers,
    The things I am mostly looking forward to are ; the Blood on the Southern Cross Sound and Light show , buying lots of souvenirs , seeing everybody all dressed up and spending time with my friends.
    In my free time I am going to go to the Hope Bakery , Candle Works , Post Office , Sweet Shop and Theatre .
    I can’t wait for all the great experiences we will have at Sovereign Hill.
    From Maddie

8. Dear Bloggers,

At camp I’m looking forward to spending time with friends, exploring what Sovereign Hill has to offer and most of all having fun. I’m also looking forward to learning new things about Sovereign Hill. The activities I am looking forward to are the Red Hill Mine Tour, the little stores, gold panning and finding out our bunk rooms. It will be most exciting as I have never been to Sovereign Hill before.

From Bianca

• Dear Bianca,
      Even though this is your first time going to Sovereign Hill it will be fun because you get to do lots of things. There are many shops that have many things, it will be great

From Kevin

9. Dear Blogggers,

What I’m looking forward to is going to see the theater because of ERP and I want to go on the red hill tour because I want to go under ground and see lots of things. Plus I want to go to the gold mine.

From Tanaiya

10. Hi 4AP,

For Camp on Thursday and Friday I’m really excited to see the Red Hill Mine Tour and go underground and see the real big pieces of Gold and learn lots for my ERP. I’m also really excited for the Horse rides, if you know me I LOVE horses so you can tell why I’m so excited. One other thing I want to do is go to the Theatre, I think it would really fun to watch an old time play see what they used to look like.

Taymin

11. Dear Readers,
    My name is Jack and I’m really exited for this camp. I’m looking forward to seeing the gold smelting works and how gold is turned into all kinds of stuff. It will be interesting to see how a really hard poece of gold is turned into a rim for a necklace or something like that.
    From Jack

12. Dear readers
    I’m looking forward to the red hill mine tour because I can not wait to go in the mine and learning about the golden nugget with my friends.
    I’m looking forward to the Black smith shop because I would really like to buy and make the horse shoe and give it to my family.
    I’m looking forward to to the gold museum because I would like to learn about what types of gold there is.

From Joshua5

13. Dear Everyone,

I’m looking forward to finding gold in the gold panning creak I am so existed to find some gold. I am also looking forward to buying some thing from the gift shop for my family and for me to remember the greases time of my primary year. I think that this will be the best camp I am looking forward to meeting some new friends this year I hop that everyone has the best time they could possibly think of for this year.

From Rose

14. Dear bloggers,

I am looking forward to gold panning because it looks very fun and I want to see how gold looks like, I am also looking forward to the candy shop because I want to eat the home made ones and I want to compare it to the professional candies and the home made ones to see which one taste better.

From Melanie

15. Dear everyone,
    I am super excited about camp and I am really looking forward about learning how people lived in the olden days and how there houses were designed because that’s one of my interests. I am also looking forward to the red hill mine tour and learning about the golden nugget and seeing inside the mines but I am also excited because we are going to the creek to look for gold, hopefully I find some and I am especially glad that we can go to the shops and we could buy some things for souvenirs.Camp is going to be so fun and we are going to learn a lot.

From Molly

16. Dear Bloggers,

At camp I am looking forward to the Blood on the Southern Cross, because it is going to provide information for my interest which is migration and I am working on the types of people who came during the Gold Rush maybe there might be people coming on boats to Australia during the Gold Rush. Another thing I am looking forward to is having free time and exploring Sovereign Hill, buying treats, looking at the stores, seeing the lollies, food and toys they used to have in the olden days. I am looking forward to the New York Bakery because at night they turn off all the lights and they light up candles everywhere, and I think we are having diner there. Another thing I am looking forward to is the Gold Panning, I hope I get some gold! I am also looking forward to buying a saddle and getting my name stamped on it. The last thing I am looking forwards to is the Brown Confectionery Factory, there they sell lollies such as:
    -acid drops
    -aniseed drops
    -barley sugar
    -butterballs
    -eucalyptus drops
    -fairy drops
    -horse head lollipops
    -humbugs
    -lemon drops
    -mixed boiled
    -peanut toffee
    -peppermint drops
    -rainbow shells
    -raspberry drops
    -spearmint drops
    I am looking forward to buying horse head lollipops and fairy drops because they look good.

By Steven

17. Dear Bloggers,
    I am so excited for camp this week.This is my first time camping so this will be a good expiriance.I want to go the blacksmiths becase i would like to see how they will fix the miners tools.I would also like to go to the post office because i would like to know how much they would sell the gold for and how they would sell.

From Elli

18. Dear Melanie,
    My name is Jack and I’m looking forward to the gold panning to. I hope I find gold, if I do my family could be rich, rich in tell you.
    From Jack

19. Dear bloggers,
    The teachers set me a topic and the topic was,what are you looking forward to at camp. I am looking forward to finding gold when I am gold panning. I am looking forward to exploring all of sovereign hill. I am looking forward to buying gold. I am also looking forward to getting to sovereign hill because I have not been to sovereign hill for a long time. I can not wait until I get to sovereign hill because I am so excited.
    From Suriya

20. Dear bloggers,

The things that I’m looking forward to when we go to Sovereign Hill is, making new friends when we are in our cabins. I am also looking forward to when we do activities. I’m really excited to do all the fun activities that the teachers have planned for us. I haven’t been to Sovereign Hill before, but I’ve heard many good things that you can do and see there. But what I’m mostly mostly excited about, is going to see all the stores and to see what they do there.

From Alana

21. Dear Joshua,
    My name is Jack and I’m also looking forward to the red hill mine tour. I want to see how big the mine is, and how much time it took to get it that long. So far I think that camp will be a great experience.
    From Jack

22. Dear Bloggers,

I look forward to the activities sovereign hill has provided us, since camp is mostly about history. I hope to see real gold at sovereign hill. It’d be really amazing to see real gold, hopefully I don’t get ‘yellow disease’. Like in that book, ‘A Banner Gold’, ‘Banner A Gold’ or whatever it is.

I’m also looking forward to sleeping with my classmates, since camp is also about friendship. Sometimes though, sleeping with snoring classmates may get a little annoying. Despite that, it still is good fun. I’m just glad I get to go to camp because this is the last time I’ll camp with St.Elizabeth.

Hiep

23. Hi 4mp
    I am looking forward to go to camp because I what to go and see old shops. I want to go to the candle store and make a candle. And I am looking forward to go panning for gold and I hope I get some gold .
    From Mary.k.

• Dear Mary,
      Making a candle is a great idea. I have done it once, it looked stunning. You could paint it in different colours. I painted it like a rainbow. My brother helped me with it because I was 9 years old. It is truly fun.
      From Sachini

24. Dear Bloggers,
    I am looking forward to gold panning because I want to find some gold.I am also excited to be with my friends although I don’t think I will be able to sleep well because I am never used to sleeping in unfamiliar places.I have never been to Sovereign Hill before so I am looking forward to seeing how everything is built since it was based on how it was like during the Gold Rush.But I really think camp is about learning and to have an experience with our friends and class mates.

From Jessica

25. Dear Daniel,
    My name is Jack and I to am also looking forward to going bowling. I want to see how bowling started and how much it has improved. I’ve also got a few questions for you, 1. What does the cane look like. 2. How much does it cost. 3. Where do I buy it.
    From Jack

26. Dear bloggers

I’m looking forward to many things while I’m at camp like the red hill mines tour. While we are in the mine under the ground and i will also be looking forward to the education centre, and what they would be teaching us about the gold rush era and what people did during in the gold rush era.

27. Dear Bloggers,

Sovereign Hill Camp

This year I am in year 5 which means this is my first camp at school. I’m exited and looking forward to many things such as going to the bowling saloon. I’ve been bowling many times but I’ve heard this type of bowling is a little different. I’m also looking forward to going to the confectionary factory. I know all the lollies they make are by hand, and the best part of being in a lolly factory like this one is that you can smell how yummy everything is. The thing that I am mostly looking forward to is panning for gold. I hope I find a lot of gold.

From Kim

28. Dear Bloggers,

This week is the best week ever because we are going to camp YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to sovereign hill. One of the activities I am looking forward to are going to the lollie shop and all the other shops and spend all my money. I am also looking forward to go looking for gold, sleeping with my friends and I can’t wait to find out who is in my cabin.

From Neha

29. Dear Kevin,
    My name is Jack and I’m also looking forward to gold panning. I really want to find gold to, it would be awesome to say to someone, ” I’ve got my own piece of gold “. I want to go to the blacksmith too, I really want to get a horseshoe with my name on it, that would be cool.
    From Jack

30. Dear 4AP,

I am looking foreword to visiting the tin smith because tin smith is another word black smith and I love ores and minerals. also I’m looking foreword to visiting the mines because I love ores and minerals like gold ,iron ,silver ,copper and steel. I’m also looking foreword to the candy shop because I have a bit of a sweet tooth. The thing I’m really looking foreword to it the horse and carriage rides because I really like animals and horses are one of my favourite animals. I’m also looking foreword to going bowling at the bowling saloon. last second last thing I’m looking foreword to is the blood on the southern cross show because I love fireworks. The last thing I’m looking foreword to is going gold panning because I want to see if I can find gold.

From Tass

31. Dear Bloggers,
    I am so looking forward for camp. It is really exciting because I am staying with my best friends and doing so many activities together. I can’t wait to do is walking off by ourselves. We can go to shops and by anything we want. I planned to get sweets from the sweet shop. I will get something small for my mum like a rose body lotion and something for my dad if I have some money left, I will get a carriage ride.

I am also looking forward for the gold panning, It is one of our activities. All we have to do is try to find the gold that is in the creek. I have tried once, but I didn’t have any luck, It is very hard. I can’t wait for camp.
    From Sachini

32. Dear Everyone,
    I can’t wait to go to camp! I’m really looking forward to…

-The Red Hill Underground Mine Tour.
    The Red Hill Mine Tour is near the gold panning creek. It is a tour underneath sovereign hill. I think you see huge golden nuggets and information about it. The Red Hill Mine Tour is going to be so much fun.

-Free Time.
    I’m looking forward to free time, only because we are allowed to bring up to twenty five dollars so we could buy things. You can buy things like jewellery, lollies, soaps, books and even horse rides. The things I want to buy are:
    • A horse shoe with my name on it
    • A book and
    • Fairy Drops. Fairy drops and these really nice lollies and I don’t think you can buy them anywhere else.

– Blood On The Southern Cross.
    Blood on the southern cross is a light and sound show at night, and it tells the story of when the miners fought the government. It will be late at night so we will be one of the only ones there, besides other schools.

– Transportation to and from Sovereign Hill.
    I’m looking forward to this because I have never been on a V Line Train, which we will take to get to camp, besides two buses. I once had to take two buses one a train to get somewhere, but I don’t remember where. I think it will be a great experience.

– The a Bowling Saloon.
    I can’t wait for this because I really want to try the old way they used to bowl.
    Does it cost to bowl? I hope not, because I will have already used up my camp money on other things.

There is so much I want to do but I probably won’t have enough time. One day I will come back with my family and do everything else.
    From Holly1

• Dear Holly1,
      I am also really excited for our free time and also to buy things.I want to have a horse ride and fairy drops.I never knew you could buy books there.

From Jessica

33. Dear David,
    My name is Jack and I’m also looking forward to the red hill mine tour, as I’ve said in some of my other posts. It will be fun to see what the old mines looked like.
    From Jack

34. Dear Everyone,
    In camp I am looking forward to seeing what sovereign looked like when the gold rush happened, also buying stuff from the shops, going to see the live show, seeing the horses, going on the train, panning for gold and mostly spending time with my friends.

From Joanne

35. Dear Steven,
    My name is Jack and I to am looking forward to seeing all the lollies in Sovereign hill. I wish I could buy some but I already know what I want to buy. If we could bring more than $25.00 then I would buy some lollies.
    From Jack

36. Dear Suriya,
    My name is Jack and I to am looking forward to finding gold. How about we have a challenge, the first person to find gold wins. Hope one of us or one of the other people that are coming to camp find gold.
    From Jack

37. Dear Bloggers

Sovereign Hill Camp

At camp Iam looking foward to the Red hill mine tour, the Gold Museum and the gold panning.I am looking forward to the Red Hill Mine Tour because I want to find out more about it and whats inside there. I also want to see what the Gold Museum has and how big or small the gold is. I even want to go to the gold panning because I want to see if i can find some gold.

From Shannon

38. Dear Hiep,
    My name is Jack, and the first thing I want to tell you is that the book is called ‘A Banner Bold’. The second thing is that I want to see some gold to, it would be awesome. It would be funny if someone was trying to find some gold in the river by panning. Then out of nowhere some gold goes onto your pan. I would feel awesome.
    From Jack

39. Dear Holly,
    My name is Jack and I think you’ve got your camp planned out. Your know what you want to do obviously. Most of the stiff you want to do I also want to do. Want to go to the red hill mine tour, the gold panning creek the blacksmith and many more places.
    From Jack

40. Dear Readers,
    My name is Jack, and I’ve got a few questions that anyone can answer. How much does the horse shoe cost, and how much does the wanted poster cost.
    From Jack